Crazy Dog Lady, Not?? | My Pug and What Now

2:34 AM

Well, it finally happened. I admit I might be a Crazy Dog Lady.  WELP.

How It Became

Having a dog was one of the biggest decisions I made. I've been wanting one for years and finally, last year, on my birthday, I got my parent's blessing to have one. For a long time, I've been eyeing to have a pug in my life. Yes, a P-U-G. They are just the cutest!! Of course, did my research to find out pugs are one of the "ugly" dogs. But no, I was so in love with them, and determined to get one.

As soon as I got permission to get one, I immediately planned out when, where and how to buy. My boyfriend and I spent our weekend going to Cartimar to look for dogs. The whole thing was so spontaneous! What's more, I was so lucky to see a basket of pug puppies in one of the shops!! Apparently, pugs are seasonal here in the Philippines. It's not one of the "staple dogs" unlike chow-chows and shi-tzus so I thought it was really made for me.

But as much as I want to get it on the spot, I was hesitating because of the price. The shop was selling the male pup for Php18,000 (that's around $350). It was quite expensive for me because I was going to use my hard-earned money; imagine I was saving up for almost 4 years with my small allowance. Worried I might be duped, I had to think about it and look around the market, but no avail. 

I ended up with the same shop and gave in with the price (although tried negotiating to lower it down). It was already inclusive with the dog's papers and with 3-in-1 vaccines and deworming. They were just so cute!! Sad I wasn't able to take photos of the lot, but they were so precious!

After, we just bought a bit of supplies like a week's worth of dog food, a harness and vitamins. We went home straight right after. 

Introducing my precious (love of my life) pug *LOL* -- DUBU. Yes, his name is Dubu the pug.

This was Dubu when we first got home.

Dubu at 9 months old

 
 YES, THOSE ARE PIMPLES HAHAHAHA

 
Look at his face, so TRIGGERED  |  Flap Flap

WHAT NOW

So Crazy Dog Lady?? I think not!! I'm at the denial stage but maybe in reality, I am a CRAZY DOG LADY.. Dubu is part of my life now - I get excited every day to get home to see him. Although he always greets me with a sleepy face, I still cuddle and make time to be with him despite being tired after a looooong day in work.

Once you turn pug, you never go back.

P.S. I decided I'll make this Crazy Dog Lady, Not?? a series of posts with my dog. I'll link and post them here in my blog so stay tuned!!
P.P.S. The crazy dog lady in me just can't handle it, Dubu the Pug has an Instagram account! Check him out at https://www.instagram.com/dubuthepug/. *PLUG PLUG PLUG*




You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Puggy Life

My Puggy Life

Werking Fun

Werking Fun

La-View

La-View